Monday, January 7, 2008

Skaters Don't Like Dr. Pepper

I was driving my friend Jessica to school today and as I was passing Liberty Square Apartments, I noticed something. There was a skater kid skating in the road. That's not a big deal at all, except he dragged out a big metal railing for him to grind on. It was laying in the middle of the street causing a 2 lane road to channel into a one lane road. It was causing congestion and if nothing else, it was dangerous. The railing is very low to the ground and it's hard to see. A big black SUV almost hit it because the skater kid was on the side of the road, out of sight, and the railing sort of blends in with the road.

The situation was not good and I took it upon myself to offer the kid a safer, more practical place to skate. In the middle of Liberty Square Apartments is an outdoor basketball court that no one uses. He would have tons of room, it would be out of everyone else's way and it would be safer. I drove up and said verbatim, "This is isn't the best place to do that. There's an empty basketball court in Liberty Square you can use."

Before I could finish that second sentence, he was saying, "I don't care. I don't care."

Disrespectful, little punk. I drove away and turned around. As I drove by him again he looked thirsty so I tossed him a Dr. Pepper. This is why I don't think skaters like Dr. Pepper very much because the disrepectful, little punk tried to throw it back to me. I was all the way down the road by the time he was able to find it under some car, but he threw it anyway and didn't get close at all. Maybe disrespectful, little punk skater kids aren't smart enough to know not to skate on busy streets AND to know not to try and throw Dr. Pepper cans back at generous people when they are 100 yards down the road.

I got back to work and called the Provo City Police. Maybe they can talk some sense into him.

No comments: